LIFEWISE Health Enhancement Coordinators
With Saint Luke’s LIFEWISE™, organizations have access to Health Enhancement Coordinator (HEC) services. HECs are wellness professionals dedicated to working with your organization, and they are a central part of LIFEWISE. They are champions at the heart of employee and organizational health who understand wellness at the strategic level and employee level. HECs work on-site with your organization to help identify and deploy the most effective solutions for addressing specific population needs.
Our experience with many area employers has demonstrated the benefit of having a devoted resource responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating programs and strategies. The HEC works in partnership with you as the employer, your human resources and benefits representatives, and your broker and carrier. The goal is to provide the best engagement opportunities and health improvement and management resources for your employee population.
About Health Enhancement Coordinators
We tailor our program options to employer groups of all sizes and industries. Health Enhancement Coordinators are employees of Saint Luke’s Health System who provide management, training, and quality assurance through LIFEWISE Corporate Health Solutions.
Saint Luke’s Health Enhancement Coordinators fulfill specific roles.
Dedicated Health Enhancement Coordinators are contracted to work on-site with your organization within an all-inclusive capacity and on an ongoing basis.
An Intervention Health Enhancement Coordinator (iHEC) is a Health Enhancement Coordinator who works with your organization around specific risk reduction programs and interventions that create employee engagement. They might work with your company for a shorter term to provide best practice programs to address your company’s health risks and facilitate initiatives within a specific time frame that you establish.
Health Enhancement Coordinators can provide services including:
- Strategic planning and consultation—Strategic planning includes thought leadership and planning following a thorough investigation of key drivers of health care use and cost data.
- Health risk appraisal (HRA) and biometric screening coordination—HECs are experienced in coordinating and facilitating all aspects of the HRA and biometric screenings. In addition, the HECs will work with your carrier and vendors.
- Incentive plan design—Our HECs are experts in working with your HR team to customize innovative incentive solutions that can be integrated into the benefit plan design.
- Wellness coaching—Our Health Enhancement Coordinators are trained in health coaching techniques and modalities to facilitate face-to-face or telephone coaching around behavior change and lifestyle modification.
- Fitness testing/risk monitoring—HECs are trained to provide basic fitness assessments on-site and monitor weight, body mass index (BMI), and blood pressure.
- Wellness program implementation—The HEC will provide successful implementation of wellness programs and interventions, whether the programs are developed by Saint Luke’s or provided by the carrier.
- Wellness program reporting—The HEC will evaluate program efficacy and make recommendations for next steps by evaluating participation levels and other metrics.
- Ergonomic evaluations—Key Health Enhancement Coordinators have ergonomic training and are certified to provide ergonomic evaluations, consultations, and recommendations to your organization. They aim to increase productivity and decrease the potential for workplace injuries.
- Fitness and exercise classes—Most of our HECs are certified exercise instructors with experience and expertise in providing instruction in exercise, strength training, yoga, Pilates, and other non-impact exercise programs.
- Fitness center equipment recommendation and management—Whether you have a small or large exercise area to equip or manage, our HECs can make recommendations regarding budgeting and purchasing for the most efficient equipment to meet your organization’s needs.
- CPR and first aid training—Our HECs are resident experts in CPR and first aid training and certification. Our team can work within your time frame to provide your employees with opportunities for first-time training and recertification.
- Referral source to Saint Luke’s clinical and non-clinical specialty areas—Health Enhancement Coordinators can provide programming options including Cardiac Health and Wellness, Women’s Health Services, Diabetes Management and Education, Executive Health Management, and Saint Luke’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Our EAP is our premier resource for services and programs related to well-being and professional development.
Select from numerous and versatile best-practice risk impact programs focused on reducing health risks that contribute to obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, and stress.
Your iHEC focuses on:
- Ongoing program facilitation and management
- Employee engagement
- Employee education, communication, and supporting materials
- Evaluation surveys
- Pre- and post-program reports
Choose from a variety of programs, including:
- Wellness SURVIVOR
- On the Move
- SUPER Heart
- Soul Soother’s Spa
- 40 Winks
- 12 Days of Wellness
To learn more, call 816-932-3899 or email LIFEWISEinfo@saintlukeskc.org.