Saint Luke's Pharmacy
Saint Luke’s Health System pharmacies offer convenience, efficiency, and exceptional customer service. They feature:
- Acceptance of most major health insurance plans
- Delivery to your hospital room
- Fast, friendly service
- Over-the-counter and prescription medication
- Short wait times
Hospital room delivery
If you're a patient at Saint Luke's Hospital, Saint Luke's North Hospital, or Saint Luke's South Hospital, let us bring your prescription right to your bedside. A pharmacy technician will meet you or your family member to gather prescription and insurance information, fill the prescription, and deliver it to your room. The service is available Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saint Luke's Advanced Care Pharmacy
Specialty pharmaceuticals are often expensive, with some complex drug therapies ranging from $30,000 to more than $100,000 a year. Saint Luke's Advanced Care Pharmacy works to assist patients with their financial options, simplify the insurance experience, arrange delivery options, and provide counseling and follow-up.
The Advanced Care Pharmacy works with oncology and transplant patients, focusing on home regimens. The pharmacy's mission is to improve patient care by integrating medical and pharmacy services and will work in conjunction with Saint Luke's pharmacies.
How Does it Work?
- Your physician prescribes a medication. Saint Luke's in-house electronic system will deliver the order directly to the pharmacy and will be reviewed for safety and effectiveness.
- We review costs with you. A pharmacy team member will calculate the cost of medication and discuss financial options. We also know insurance can be complicated and confusing, so we'll work directly with your insurance company to get the maximum coverage possible.
- The pharmacy works with you to arrange delivery. We keep many medications in stock, and our pharmacists can order quickly. We'll stay in contact about when you can expect your medications. You can choose to pick it up at one of our locations or have it delivered.
- A pharmacist provides comprehensive counseling. When you receive your medication, our pharmacists will go over everything with you. You'll have the comfort of knowing how and when to take it, and what side effects to be aware of.
- The pharmacy team follows up. Just like you, we want to be sure everything is going according to plan. Our pharmacists will follow up regularly to make sure the medication is working appropriately, monitor your progress, and make changes if necessary.
If you're a Saint Luke's patient or would like to learn more, call 816-986-5510.